All families have have received a response on their application. We were inundated this year and it breaks our hearts to not be able to offer a place to everyone. If anyone drops out, we will of course offer those places to families on our reserve list.
With the recent news that Covid guidelines won’t be relaxed on 21 June as planned, our Plan B has been dusted off, reviewed and updated. If restrictions remain as they are today (15 June) we are confident that we will be able to go ahead with camps. This may of course mean adjustments to the way we have traditionally run camps, but we’re sure that this is something we can overcome, while ensuring that we operate legally and safely.
As government guidance is updated/published we will confirm and finalise our plans and share them with all families/volunteers before the start of each camp. If you have any concerns in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Applications for families and volunteers for this year’s camps have now closed. We will now review all applications and will let families and volunteers know about the outcome of their applications by 15 May (latest).
We’ve opened up applications for volunteers today! Closing date for applications is 30 April 2021.
We’ve opened up applications for families today! Please apply as soon as you can to avoid disappointment. Closing date is 30 April 2021.
Here’s something for you to look forward to… we’re delighted to announce that we have booked our camps for 2021. All subject to changes (of course, we’re used to that now) but pencil them into your diaries now and we’ll let you know when we open up applications for families and volunteers.
We’re returning to Coverack in Cornwall from 24 July and Newlands in the Lake District from 31 July – See the Camps Page for more details on each of the camps.
We hope you’re as excited as we are.
The FAB Committee
We’re keen to put 2020 behind us and make 2021 a better year for everyone. We’re working hard behind the scenes to put plans in place for this year. We will of course let you know as soon as we’ve got any news and are we’re excited about the potential of seeing everyone again. Fingers crossed!
Due to the uncertainty over the Covid-19 virus, it is with great sadness that we have decided to cancel this summer’s FAB Camps. This was not an easy decision and all possible options were explored by the committee. The safety of FAB families and volunteers is paramount and the only safe option was for us to cancel.
We would like to thank all of our supporters over the years and we hope to be able to come back to you later in the year with some news on some really exciting new events. Look our for social media posts throughout the year as we update you on our plans.
We’re thinking of you all through this time – please do not hesitate to reach out should you need it.
With all of our best wishes, the FAB Committee.